I recently listened to this interesting Ted Talk by Jim Vandehei. It’s about keeping it simple by writing less to get your point across. Sure, I could talk endlessly about the meandering green hills, great food, ultra friendly people, gorgeous castles and beaches that I visited on my month-long trip to the Ireland last summer, but instead I’ll try not to bore you with these pics of my favorite country (with a list of specifics at the end, if you get that far! LOL)
This is all about the West of Ireland, from Killarney to Galway. Check out this website about road trips in Ireland, especially the one about Clare, which will show you lots of cute towns from Killarney to Galway.
- Highly recommend driving out to Ladie’s View Cafe for an amazing view & a good lunch
- take a jaunty ride into Killarney park the jaunty/lake cruise looked good, but boats weren’t working when we were there
- Cronin’s was the best sticky toffee pudding we had and a very good meal.
- J.M. Reidy serves food and a little sweet shop. the pub is made up of cute little snugs
- Celtic Donuts has gourmet-ish donuts with great toppings
From Killarney …
- We thought the town of Listowel was cute & maybe a place to stop for lunch.
- then you’ll take the Shannon Ferries from Talbert across to Killimer. see timetables & buy ticket here …https://www.shannonferries.com/timetable-October
…a few stops on the way to Galway…
- Lahinch is a beach town, one of many that the Irish go on holiday.
- Dingle…stay a night or two for some great music in pubs & awesome seafood chowder at James Long Restaurant (best chowder of our trip)
- Make a stop in Doolin and enjoy more great music at McGann’s or McDermott’s pub. One night is enough
- The Cliffs of Moher
- The Burren & The Burren Perfumery
- cute places…there are so many …Spanish point, Ennistymon etc….
- Ruibin very good restaurant
- Kai … looks like a yummy restaurant & cool interior. I really wanted to get to this place, but it was closed when we were over in the west end.
- best pizza … The Dough Bros
- I would highly recommend a day trip out to Kylemore Abbey, with a stop in Cong (a Quiet Man filmed here ), where Ashford Castle is located … can’t go on the castle grounds unless your a guest, but you can walk from Cong through a lovely forest and get to it fairly quickly, taking pics from across the way.
I know I’m forgetting so many amazing places, but maybe you haven’t read this far anyway!
Clare Island, Dublin & Sligo … coming soon on a Wandering Wednesday!
You cannot direct the wind, but you can adjust the sails!