Guest Post….Taylor and Dan via Cafe Delites
T&D made this a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it, so I asked them to share the recipe…which they adapted from the website Cafe Delites
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey mince
- 1 medium sized sweet potato (about 10oz) chopped and roasted until soft
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ bunch fresh kale (about 4-5 cups), shredded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil leaves (optional)
- 1 box dry cannelloni pasta tubes
- (30 tubes)
- Store bought tomato sauce (there’s a recipe on the original website, but we just used a jar (there’s also an optional bechamel sauce that we didn’t do)
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 390F.
- Cook the onion in a pan sprayed with cooking oil until translucent. Add the ground turkey and garlic powder, breaking up the turkey with your wooden spoon and cook until browned. Add in the sweet potato and the kale, and stir until leaves begin to wilt. Add in the herbs and set aside to cool slightly.
- Mash the sweet potato with a fork and mix through the turkey
- Stuff filling into each cannelloni tube until full. Repeat with all cannelloni and arrange into an oven-proof dish in a single layer. Pour the sauce evenly over the cannelloni, turning them slightly to coat in sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the tray with foil and bake the cannelloni for 20-30 minutes, or until pasta is soft. Remove foil and change oven settings to grill/broil for a further 10 minutes, or until cheese is golden.
- Serve the cannelloni with extra tomato sauce from the baking tray and garnish with fresh herbs.
Thanks Taylor and Dan for the FAB recipe…and it’s weight watcher friendly!
You cannot direct the wind, but you can adjust the sails!
this sounds like a good one to try – and all the ingredients are fresh, real food which is right up my alley!! I’ll let you know how I get on, thanks Taylor & Dan!