…having a few challenges with the website lately, so apologies for late/no postings and pics being weird….aaahhhh, technology!
I’m not much of a baker (I prefer cooking meals and appetizers), but these chocolate chip scones are so easy and always a big hit when I bring them to the office…or for a weekend in Sonoma! Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Scones
Preheat oven to 425
2 cups unbleached flour (I just use regular)
1 Tbs. Baking powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ c. sugar
½ c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 ¼ to 1 1/3 cups whipping cream
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, & sugar in a bowl
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Stir in the cream with a fork until the dough holds together in a sticky mass. (You may need to add a Tbs. or more of cream until the dough holds together)
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured board. Knead the dough several times.
- Roll it out with a rolling pin & use an inverted wine glass or cookie cutters (dipped in flour to prevent sticking) to make the shapes you want.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet & bake for about 12-15 minutes…’til a bit golden on top.
Optional: You can brush the scones with melted butter before baking…and even sprinkle with a little kosher salt for that sweet and savory taste.
Have a FABULOUS weekend everyone!
You cannot direct the wind, but you can adjust the sails!